Last updated: 3/1/23
Matrix Document Imaging and Matrix CompCalc operates http://www.Legal-records.us (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site and/or our App, Matrid CompCalc (the App). By using the Site and/or the App, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site and/or the App, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ("Personal Information").
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data") and/or the Use of the App.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that provide notice of updates, and educational conferences. Cookies
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Who we are
Matrix Document Imaging specializes in discrimination and harassment lawsuits, wage and hour matters, and personal injury law. We are guided by our mission to advocate on behalf of our clients.
Our commitment to privacy
We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. This statement explains how we do that. It sets out what we do with the personal information we hold, how we protect it, and it explains your privacy rights (if applicable).
Information we Collect
When we collect personal information, we are open about how we will use it.
Collection of Information
There are some areas on our Site in which we may request information from you, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, your address, phone number, email address
- Information about your healthcare practice
- Payment information
- Photographs that you choose to provide
- Other content you choose to provide to promote yourself or your practice
- Username and password that you may establish on the Site
- Your feedback and correspondence with us
We may also accept employment applications via the Site, in which case we will also request information about your work experience, education, languages spoken, and other information of the type included on a resume.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that information that we receive from you is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current, including providing mechanisms by which you can amend or update your information.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our Site by automated means, such as via cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, and other technologies. We may also use web beacons in our HTML-formatted emails. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on our Site, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites.
Cookies / Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, www.google.com (“Google Analytics” or “Google”). Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there.
In using Google Analytics our website employs the extension “anonymizeIp”. In doing so, Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from EU/EEA member states. Google uses this information to analyze your use of our site, to compile reports for us on internet activity and to provide other services relating to our website.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
You can find additional information on how to install the browser add-on referenced above at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Use of Information
We may use personal information to:
- Communicate about the products and services we offer, and respond to requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions
- Provide our products and services
- Analyze use of our products and services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, the Site, and other products and services we offer (including to research and develop new products and services)
- Establish and maintain an individual’s profile on the Site
- Administer surveys and other market research
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we send are read)
- Tailor the content we display in our communications and on the Site
- Customize our services to individuals’ preferences
- Facilitate our recruitment activities (such as processing employment applications, evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, and monitoring recruiting statistics)
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of the Site), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the services we provide
We may also aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes – including historical and statistical analysis about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information, and business planning – without restriction.
1.1 We may hold Personal Information because:
1.1.1 you supply it to us, for example, when you or your organisation seek legal advice from us, complete a form, make an enquiry, request to join our Alumni network, or otherwise interact on our website or other online platforms; or when you attend our seminars or other events or sign up to receive information from us, including training; or when you correspond with us by phone, email or other electronic means, or in writing; or when you enter into conversations with our lawyers, consultants and staff; or when you or your organisation offer to provide, or provide, services to us;
1.1.2 we learned it from someone else, either in the context of providing legal services to our clients, or in the context of our business more generally;
1.1.4 it is publicly available.
1.2.1 Identity and contact information
- When contacting or visiting us, whether online, via telephone, via email, in writing, or otherwise, or when instructing us, you may provide Personal Information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, passport number, job title and function, photographs and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant to our services. We use an automated third-party system to add your contact information to our contact database.
1.2.2 Financial and payment information
- When instructing us, or if you or your organization provide services to us, you may provide Personal Information including your bank account and other data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information.
1.2.3 Information about those related or otherwise connected to our staff
- We sometimes ask members of our staff to provide details of their next of kin for the purpose of our emergency scenario planning or in case an incident occurs at work. We may also ask for details of their dependents, spouses and/or other people in relation to their employee benefits arrangements, so that we can use this information for the benefit of our staff.
1.2.4 Information about clients and those who work with clients or who are otherwise connected with the matters that we are asked to advise on
- When we are instructed to provide advice, we will ask you for "know your client", anti-money laundering, and other necessary Personal Information which the law requires us to collect. We will only use "know your client" information for the purpose of verifying identity in connection with matters that we are asked to advise on and as otherwise prescribed by law. We may also collect Personal Information about you and other third parties with whom we don't have a direct relationship as is necessary in order for us to be able to provide our advice and services.
1.2.5 Information about individuals who are our suppliers or other business contacts (and individuals who are employed by our suppliers and business contacts)
- If you provide services to us or have a business dealing with us (or are employed or engaged by an organization which provides services to us or has a business dealing with us), we may acquire your name, contact details, some employment information and copies of ID documents or similar information (if, for example, you are a director at a business in respect of which we are required to conduct due diligence).
1.2.6 Profile and usage information
- We collect Personal Information about your preferences in receiving marketing information from us, your communication preferences, and information about how you use our website. For further information in this regard, please refer to our cookies integration with Google Analytics. .
Physical access information and dietary requirements information
- We may collect Personal Information such as access times and requirements and dietary requirements or preferences when you visit our premises.
1.2.8 Other special category data
- We may be instructed to advise on, or as a result of our corporate social responsibility and pro bono work get involved with, matters that require us to collect and use sensitive (otherwise known as special category) Personal Information relating to you or a third party (that is, information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life or sexual orientation, or genetic or biometric data). For the same reason we may also have to collect and use information about criminal offenses or alleged criminal offenses committed by you or by a third party.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide our services;
- Run our business affairs, including internal record keeping;
- Carry out verification checks, for example in relation to anti-money laundering and know your client procedures;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including reporting obligations;
- Manage access to our premises and for security purposes;
- Protect the security of our communications and other systems and to prevent and detect security threats, frauds or other criminal or malicious activities;
- Send business or marketing communications (such as legal updates) which we think may be of interest (we will provide a simple mechanism for you to unsubscribe from such communications if you so wish);
- Organize and hold marketing events in connection with the promotion of our business; or
- Carry out our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
- The legal basis on which we hold your Personal Information is primarily for the purpose of pursuing our legitimate interests as a business which provides legal advice and services. In some instances, we may rely on your express consent to use your Personal Information, but we will let you know (and give you the chance to withdraw consent) if we do. In some instances, we may use your Personal Information in order to enable us to perform a contract which we have in place with you.
We may share personal information with:
- Business partners whose goods or services may of interest to you
- Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services they provide to us
We will never sell your personal information and we take steps to keep your details safe and secure.
We may transfer the personal information we maintain in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (or during the negotiations of any of such sale or transfer). After such a sale or transfer, individuals may contact the recipient with any inquiries concerning their personal information.
In addition, we may share personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our Site), and claims and other liabilities.
- You may choose not to provide any or all of the information that is requested on the Site, but we may not be able to provide our products or services to you in that case. In the event that you no longer want us to process or utilize your User Information, please contact us.
- Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on the Site may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through participating members of the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above. If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
- Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not currently respond to do not track signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Keeping your information safe
We take appropriate measures to keep the personal information you disclose to us secure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We commit to maintaining appropriate security measures to protect personal information wherever it is located, and whether it is in electronic or manual form. To do this we may use a variety of mechanisms depending on where the information is stored and the relationship between Matrix Document Imaging Group and any recipient organizations.